Your privacy is important to Butterfly Global. This policy covers the collection and use of information provided through this Website. By accessing this website and any of its pages, you are agreeing to the terms set out below.
Collection of Information
We collect and store information when you:
- Sign up as a Registered User or use any of Butterfly Global’s or its affiliates products or services on the Site which requires you to provide information including but not limited to your name, address, phone/fax number, email address and other personal information as well as information about your business. You are responsible for ensuring that the information submitted to the Butterfly Global is accurate and up-to-date. The falsification of any information, falsification of other documents that you may provide, and/or the giving of incomplete information may result in the withdrawal of any service offer and/or immediate termination of your account now or in the future;
- Submit content to be posted on the Web Site, including but not limited to Company Profile, Business Certification, Product Catalogue, Service Description, Trade Leads, Community Discussions, Chats and any other information. Youagree to give consent to the publication of the information which will be publicly available on the Site and you relinquish any proprietary rights (including but not limited to the rights of confidentiality and copyrights) in such information.
- Conduct a transaction for a product or service at the Site, with other Registered User of the Site or other vendors or partners of Butterfly Global. We may collect and retain information such as credit card or bank account numbers, expiration dates, pricing, shipping, billing and delivery information, tracking information of payments as well as records of your Account activities, including the item type and specification, content you generate forthe product and/or service or that relates to your account, trade dispute if any and any other information in connection with your account activities on the Site. Your information may be collected from you during either online or offline transactions or correspondence through our sites or sent to us.
- Interact on our Site. We may collect statistical information about our Site and your interaction with our site(s), services, content and advertising, such as IP addresses, computer and connection information, page views, web traffic, navigational and demographic data, advertising data, visitor activity and standard web log information.
- Complete a survey or take part in any contest or promotion conducted by Butterfly Global and/or its partners.
- Register as a member of websites hosted by Butterfly Global on behalf of its partners or use services offered on such websites.
Use of Information
Our chief purpose in gathering information is to gain a better understanding of our users and their needs, provide users with a secure and customized experience and to keep them posted on the latest announcements, notices and upcoming events.
We use the collected information to:
- Provide goods and services as well as customer support by Butterfly Global, or its designated representatives and/or business partners to you or parties designated by you and matters ancillary thereto;
- Customize, measure and enhance our services, product offerings, content and advertising;
- Verify and process payment transactions when you purchase goods and services from the Website. Your payment information will be shared with relevant banks or vendors relevant to the transaction for it to be completed. We may use your information to determine your credit standing and in so doing, may avail your information to banks or credit agencies;
- Resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems and enforce agreements and policies;
- Verify and record your personal particulars include comparing it with information from third parties or other sources to ensure accuracy and using the information to communicate with you;
- Inform you about the good and services, promotional offers and updates including targeted marketing and advertising materials of Butterfly Global and those of third parties selected by Butterfly Global;
- Comply with any order of court or directive from authorities investigating any alleged offence, misdeeds and/or abuse or for the purposes of taking legal action against any users for breach of the Terms of Service;
- For the above purposes by third parties (who may be based outside Singapore) who offer goods and services or sponsor contests or other promotional programs on our site, whether in conjunction with us or not, if you purchase such goods, use such services or participate in such contests and promotional programs.
We do not sell or rent or disclose specific information about our users to any third parties unless so required by law or any government agencies. All communication whether from us or our business partners will be sent to you by us.
We may share your information with Service providers under contract to support the Site and business operations such as information processing, extending credit, fraud investigations, bill collection, order fulfilment and delivery, customer data management and enhancement, customer service, customer research and satisfaction survey, affiliate and rewards programs etc. These companies are obligated to protect your information.
We may also combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize our services, content and advertising on behalf of third parties; however, in these circumstances, your information will not be disclosed to such third parties unless you respond to the advertising message or marketing promotion.
When we send you information, we will provide an option for you to unsubscribe. If you do not wish to receive certain marketing communications or further information of a similar nature, you may unsubscribe via the link provided or Email us.
Security of Information
Butterfly Global will take appropriate measures to ensure that personal data are protected from unauthorized access, unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data.
Your access to your Butterfly Global account is password protected. You are advised to log off, clear the cookies from the cache and close the browser after each session. You should practise caution not to divulge your user ID and password to any third party.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to log off from your account, clear the cookies from the cache if you are using the “Remember Me” function available on the Login box in a public terminal, and close the browser window after use so that no unauthorized party can have access. You must not, at any time, divulge your password to any third party.
All information collected by Butterfly Global is stored in systems that may only be accessed by authorized staff of Butterfly Global using assigned user ids and passwords. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution if they fail to meet these obligations.
While Butterfly Global puts in place processes to guard your information against intruders, there is no guarantee that the technology put in place or the procedure can eliminate allrisks of theft, loss or misuse. Butterfly Global shall not be liable for any damages that might result from unauthorized use, publication, disclosure or any other misuse of information including credit card information.
Disclosure of Information
Butterfly Global may disclose records of complaints and any penalties, actions or proceedings against the users or any information we have about you (including your identity) if we have determined that such disclosure is necessary for connection with any investigation or complaint regarding your use of the Site, or to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be infringing or threatening to infringe or who may otherwise becausing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally), the title, rights, interests or property of Butterfly Global.com, our visitors to or users of the Web Site, including customers, partners, other web site users or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities.
Butterfly Global reserves the right at all times to disclose any information in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations, legal process or in compliance with requests by or administrative order of any court, governmental or regulatory authority. Butterfly Global may also disclose your information when Butterfly Global determines that applicable law requires or permits such disclosure, including exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection purposes.
Third Party Sites and Services
We may from time to time work with organizations to offer you other products and services that Butterfly Global does not offer. The third party products and services may be offered through hyperlinks to and from the websites ofour partner networks advertisers and other third parties. The privacy policies of such other parties are separate and independent from ours and we therefore have no responsibilities or liabilities for the content and activities of these sites. We encourage you to check and learn about the privacy practices of those third parties before responding or submitting any personal data to these websites.
Accessing and Updating Your Information
You can access, correct and update your information when you login to your Butterfly Global Account with your user ID and password.